- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, with arms at sides.
- Jump up bringing knees up to chest.
- Land on balls of feet and repeat immediately.
- Remember to reduce ground contact time by landing soft on feet and springing into air.
Split Squat Jump
Split Squat Jumps
- Stand with feet hip width apart. Take left leg and step back approximately 2 feet standing on the ball of back foot.
- Feet should be positioned at a staggered stance with head and back erect and straight in a neutral position.
- Lower body by bending at right hip and knee until thigh is parallel to floor then immediately explode vertically.
- Switch feet in the air so that the back foot lands forward and vice versa.
- Prior to takeoff extend the ankles to their maximum range (full plantar flexion) ensure proper mechanics.
Seated (Box) Jump
Seated Box Jump:
- Step 1: Face the box you are going to jump onto and then sit down on a bench or another box that is about 2 feet high.
- Step 2: Stand up off the box you are sitting on and at the same time jump up on the box in front of you.
- Step 3: Jump off two feet and land on two feet.
- Step 4: Step back down and reset to starting position.
- Step 5: This completes one repetition.
** Not necessary to jump on top of box if unavailable or unsafe. The focus is the act of jumping from a stationary seated position.
Standing Box Jump
Standing Box Jump
- Stand facing box with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Lower body into a semi-squat position and immediately jump up onto box. Do not hold a squat position before jumping up keep the time between dipping down and jumping up to a minimum.
- Feet should land softly on box. Step back down (not jump back down) and repeat.
Single Leg Box Push Off
Single Leg Box Push Offs
- Stand to side of box and place the left foot on top of box.
- Push off the box using the left leg only and explode vertically as high as possible. Drive the arms forward and up for maximum height.
- Land with the left foot back on the box and right foot back on the ground to the same side of the box.
- Repeat all reps for this leg first before switching and repeating for your other leg.
**Do not jump across box or alternate legs as shown in some videos