BILLING – FULL TIME ATHLETE
- Full time coaching athletes will be charged in 4 week increments, matching that of their training plan structure. Invoices are set to generate automatically and can only be modified/stopped with proper notice (see cancellation/hold section below)
- If a payment method is declined or missed will we contact you within 3 days of the billing past due date.
- If a payment goes more than 7 days past the due date, a $25 late fee will be charged.
- Any payment more than 10 days late will result in suspension of the athlete’s training log/plan until the payment and late fee has been collected.
- All coaching fee’s are non-refundable. But a hold can be placed on accounts with proper notice for 8 to 12 weeks (see cancellation/hold section below)
BILLING – CAMP / ONE-ON-ONE ATHLETES
- Upon registering for a camp, the athlete will be charged a 50% deposit of the balance due for the camp. The remaining 50% of the balance will be due 10 days prior to the start of the camp.
- If an athlete signs up for a camp 10 days or less prior to the camp, 100% of the balance will be due upon sign up.
- If a registered athlete is unable to attend the camp after the initial deposit has been made, the percentage of fee returned will be granted upon the following time line:
- 30 days or more prior to start – 100% refund
- 21-29 days prior to start – 75% refund
- 14-20 days prior to start – 50% refund
- 8-13 days prior to start – 25% refund
- 7 days of less prior to start – no refund
- Athletes participating in 1 day/session camps, clinics, motorpacing, etc, will be required to pay 100% of the fee for the session prior to the start of the workout.
CANCELLATION OF FULL TIME COACHING POLICY
- All athletes are encouraged to discuss their intent to cancel their training with Big Picture Cycling directly to their coach as far in advance as possible. The Big Picture Cycling coaching staff has invested a great deal into their relationship with you.
- To formally/permanently cancel your coaching services, please email us at info@BIGPictureCycling.com 30 days in advance. We will confirm your cancellation date by email as soon as possible, but no later than 3 business days upon receiving your cancellation notice. If we have not contacted you within 3 business days, please email us again with your original email attached, as we may have missed you.
- The athlete will be responsible for all coaching fees incurred in the 30 days following their cancellation notice. Any remaining balance due at the end of your 30 days is your responsibility to pay. Upon signing up with BPC you agree to pay your account in full.
- In the unlikely event legal action is required to collect outstanding balances dues on your account, you will be responsible and shall promptly pay all attorney fees and legal costs incurred by BPC pertaining to the legal action.
COACHING/MEDICAL HOLD POLICY
- If an athlete is unable to train for an extended period of time and needs to suspend their coaching services, we strongly encourage the athlete to discus their intent directly with the coach so that training can be amended to best reflect the anticipated break from training.
- Temporary holds on coaching programs will fall into one of 2 categories: 1) a 8 week hold for personal reasons. Or 2) a 12 week hold for medical reasons with proper documentation from a licensed physician.
- 1) To hold your coaching services for PERSONAL reasons, please email us at info@BIGPictureCycling.com 30 days in advance. We will confirm your account-on-hold date by email as soon as possible, but no later than 3 business days upon receiving your personal hold notice. If we have not contacted you within 3 business days, please email us again with your original email attached, as we may have missed you.
- 2) To hold your coaching services for MEDICAL reasons, please email us at info@BIGPictureCycling.com with documentation from your licensed physician stating that you are unable to train. Please make sure your physician provides the letter on their letterhead with a contact phone number where he or she can be reached if questions arise. We asked that you notify us as soon as possible about your need for a medical hold so that we may start your medical hold as soon as possible. We will confirm your account-on-hold date by email as soon as possible, but no later than 3 business days upon receiving your medical hold notice. If we have not contacted you within 3 business days, please email us again with your original email attached, as we may have missed you.
- If your account-on-hold date (personal or medical) falls in between billing dates, the unused portion of your coaching fee will be credited to your account upon your return to training at the end of your account-on-hold period.
- If your return to training extends beyond your hold period ,8 weeks (personal reasons) or 12 weeks (medical reasons), any carry over balance from prior to your hold will be lost and you will be charged as a new athlete.
- Athletes are allowed one (1) hold period, personal or medical, within a 12-month rolling period. For instance: If your hold period, personal or medical, ends on September 1st, 2016, the next time you will be eligible to place your account on hold will be September 1st, 2017. In extreme cases of extenuating circumstances beyond the athlete’s control, it will be at the discretion of the Big Picture Cycling staff to grant exceptions to any of the above policies.
Bottom Line: We greatly value our relationships with all of our athletes and invest a great amount of time and energy into developing training programs and relationships with long-term goals in mind. Because of this we strive to keep our athletes on track and driving towards their goals with as few interruptions as possible. We will do our absolute best to accommodate you and your needs to the best of our ability so that everyone reaches their maximum potential.
- Upon signing with BIG Picture Cycling, all athletes are immediately considered to have agreed to adhere to the rules, regulations, code of conduct, guidelines and procedures set forth by the following governing entities:
- All junior athletes (18 years of age and under) and all their parents will be required to complete the USOC SAFESPORT training prior to beginning their training/coaching with BPC.
- Any athlete, or an associate (family, friend, etc), found to be in direct violation of any of the above policies will be subject to immediate dismissal from BPC and all of their associated activities upon review of their infraction by BPC staff and ownership without any refund of coaching fees.
- If the offending infraction of the above policies or procedures is deemed to have had a detrimental effect on any part of BPC’s staff, membership, equipment or reputation: appropriate legal action will be taken to recoup any damages or potential earning losses from the offending party.
JUNIOR/YOUNG ATHLETE AGREEMENT
- All junior athletes (18 years of age and under) and all their parents will be required to complete the USOC SAFESPORT training prior to beginning their training/coaching with BPC. Link to the training site can be found here: http://safesport.org
- Parent/Coach communication for athletes UNDER the age of 18 will be limited to items pertaining to the health and safety of the athlete. Under no circumstances will progress or performance objectives be discussed with anyone besides the athlete. Parents of minor (under 18) athletes are also encouraged to keep discussions with the athlete(s) limited to positive reinforcement of results and training.
- Parent/Coach communication for athletes 18 years of age and over is not allowed except in case of emergency. Any questions or concerns should be brought to the coach directly from the athlete.
EQUIPMENT LOAN/USE POLICY
- Any BIG Picture Cycling owned equipment loaned to a junior athlete must be returned to BPC on or before January 1 of their first year of Junior Worlds eligibility by age (racing age 17 or greater).
- Any athlete loaning or renting BPC equipment for competition/training assumes full responsibility for said equipment while in their care and agrees to return it in the same condition it was loaned/rented to the athlete in.
- If the loaned/rented equipment is lost, stolen, damaged or abused beyond normal wear and tear, the athlete (or parent if the athlete is a minor) shall be responsible for the cost associated with the repair or replacement (whichever BPC staff demes necessary) of the equipment.
RACE DAY/CAMP/TRAINING SESSION CONDUCT AGREEMENT
- We at BPC strongly value the support athlete’s receive from their family, spouses and friends on and off the bike and welcome their presence at all appropriate races, camps and training sessions their supporters wish to attend.
- However, we do require that all non-competing/training supporters watch/cheer for their athlete from outside the velodrome infields/field of play. This is a non-negotiable point that BPC finds crucial to the execution of the racing and training of athletes under their care/instruction.
- Family/Supporters are welcome to assist their athletes with equipment transport to the infield/field of play upon arrival to the venue. But we ask that all non-competing/training supporters then immediately exit so that the coaching staff may best do their job(s).
- Any offending party will first be asked directly once to exit the infield/field of play by a BPC staff member. If a second request to exit the infield/field of play is necessary, the associated athlete will be instructed by a BPC staff member that their supporter needs to exit. If a third request to exit the infield/field of play is necessary, the offending athlete will face an immediate suspension from all BPC activities and potentially a permanent dismissal from BPC without any refund of coaching/camp/race day fees.
- All training plans, techniques, methods, advice, instruction, etc., are subject to the exclusive copyright of BIG Picture Cycling LLC.
- Any reproduction or copying of our material without written consent of the ownership is prohibited.
- BPC will seek legal action against anyone found to be replicating or attempting to replicate any copyrighted material/methods without consent.
- All pricing agreements between athletes and BIG Picture Cycling are considered 100% confidential and not to be shared with anyone. Any violation of this is grounds for possible immediate dismissal.