Major Taylor Velodrome – Indianapolis, IN
Anyone can tell you what to do to improve your performance. But the BPC coaching staff believes that visual examples help our athletes to learn the fastest. That’s why during our track clinic weekends we video tape and review nearly everything we do with all of our athletes. We have also found that doing group video review allows for the greatest depth of learning as you get to see, ask questions and receive instruction on not only your own efforts, but the efforts of everyone at the camp. We also offer the option to have your videos from the weekend edited together and sent to you to keep for an additional fee (see “Add Ons” tab)
Today is arrival day. Out of town athletes should plan to arrive by 3pm if possible. Each athlete is responsible for building their own bike and ensuring that all their equipment is properly tuned and ready for a big week of riding. We will have our first pre-camp meeting around 5pm at the coach’s hotel and will complete the sign in/registration process. This is also when we will do individual introductions, general camp overview and plan for the weekend. Once complete we will go to dinner as a group at a local restaurant. **If you want to schedule a bike fit with ERO, you must arrive early on this day and schedule ahead of time with ERO directly at www.ero-sports.com**
7:30am – Meet at velodrome and review plan for session
8:00am – Equipment check and riders change for warm up
8:30am – Begin Warm-Up and Session
- Standing Starts with Video Review
- Team Event Starts
- Team Sprint Exchanges
11:00am – Break for lunch
12:30pm – Begin Abbreviated Warm-Up and Session
- Flying 200m Approaches
- Flying Lap Approaches
- Video and Data Review of efforts
2:30pm – End of clinic for the day
8:30am – Meet at track and prepare for warm up
9:00am – Begin Warm-Up and Session
- Match Sprint Sparing
- Video Review of Sparing Efforts
- Track Stand Instruction and Practice
11:30am – Break for Lunch
1:00pm – Begin Abbreviated Warm-Up and Session
- Mock Keirin Racing
- Video Review of Racing
- Bumping Instruction and Practice
3:00pm – End of Clinic for the Weekend
3649 Cold Spring Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46222
The Major Taylor Velodrome is a 333m outdoor concrete velodrome with 28 degree banking in the corners. Built in 1982, the Major Taylor Velodrome was home to the 1987 Pan American Games. Since then, the velodrome regularly hosts national championship events and also serves as the full time home of the Marian University Cycling Team. With a legacy truly as great as the rider it was named after, we are honored to be able to put on a clinic at this historic facility.
- 4 hands-on track sessions led by BIG Picture Cycling Coaches
- World Class instruction from BPC staff on a variety of techniques and skills
- Group video review of all training efforts by BPC coaches
- Lunch between training sessions on Saturday and Sunday
- Nutrition and hydration supplies during training sessions
PERSONAL VIDEO COMPILATION:
Really enjoy the video review and on-site comments and feedback from the BPC coaches during the clinic? Well here’s your opportunity to take those images and thoughts home with you! For an additional fee, our BPC coaching staff will edit together your individual videos from the weekend and provide voice over feedback for you to watch and review again and again. This is the ultimate way to bring the BPC experience home with you! If you wish to add this to your package, just let us know during the camp reservation process! Pricing for this custom video is $150 with advanced purchase and $200 when purchased during or after camp.
BIKE FIT BY ERO:
All ERO bike fit appointments must be scheduled ahead of time with Missy at ERO directly. You can do this via their website at www.ero-sports.com or by emailing Missy at: email@example.com
Camp Details and Policies
- In order to register for the camp, input your name and email in the box above and click “SIGNUP NOW”. Once we receive your sign up request, a member of the BPC staff will contact with the details to complete your registration and confirm your spot.
- Upon registering for a camp, the athlete will be charged a 50% deposit of the balance due for the camp. The remaining 50% of the balance will be due 10 days prior to the start of the camp.
- If an athlete signs up for a camp 10 days or less prior to the camp, 100% of the balance will be due upon sign up.
- If a registered athlete is unable to attend the camp after the initial deposit has been made, the percentage of fee returned will be granted upon the following time line:
- 30 days or more prior to start – 100% refund
- 21-29 days prior to start – 75% refund
- 14-20 days prior to start – 50% refund
- 8-13 days prior to start – 25% refund
- 7 days of less prior to start – no refund
- Out of town athletes should plan to arrive no later than the afternoon of Friday TBD.
- If you are scheduling a bike fit with ERO you will need to arrive before noon or earlier.
- All athletes should plan to depart in the afternoon or evening of Sunday TBD.
- We recommend using Indianapolis International Aiport as it is the closest to the Major Taylor Veldorome (~19 miles)
- All athletes are responsible for their own transportation from and to their airport/lodging